The Sale Golf Course is next door to our property. Arrangements can be made for green fees and club hire. The Ninety Mile Beach is between 30 and 40 kms away and features several small beach towns. The nearby town of Sale has vibrant street shopping, a shopping complex, a range of coffee shops and restaurants, details of which are provided in the cottages.
Some features are:
- Lake Guthridge & Lake Guyatt with a well maintained walking track round one lake or both, up to 2 kms [video]
- The Port of Sale is an attractive area on the Sale Canal [video]
- The Gippsland Art Gallery
- The Esso-BHP Billiton Wellington Entertainment Centre which features visiting concerts and performances as well as displaying local talent
- Sale Common wildlife refuge with boardwalk
- Sale historical museum
- Gippsland Armed Forces museum
- Gippsland Vehicle Collection
- Bataluk Cultural Trail
- Port of Sale Heritage Cruises
Nearby towns include Stratford, Maffra, Heyfield, Rosedale, Seaspray, Loch Sport and Yarram.
We are also not far from the Tinamba Hotel, winner of the Best Regional Restaurant and the National Australian Hotels Association Awards, 2013.
Some of the nearby natural attractions are:
- Sale Common Wetland [video]
- Historic Swing Bridge [video]
- Tarra Bulga National Park
- Holey Plains State Park
- Rotomah Island
- Ninety Mile Beach (Gippsland Lakes Coastal Park)
- Lakes Entrance Sea-Safari Eco-Tours